Saturday, November 1, 2008

3 Day Marathon Gig...briefly

I have been known to refuse gigs played at No Black Tie before. But I can't refuse Melissa Indot (1st night), Cheong The "Chinese Brazilian" (2nd night) and on the 3rd and last night, Valtinho Anastasio, who flew in from Brazil the night before the gig.

Melissa this time pulled up a few surprises with her new "rock" repertoire (how about Sweet Child of Mine? :))that brought the house down as usual. Gary Gideon on drums; Sham Kamikaze: guitars; Jenny: piano; Izzat: percussions.











It's great to be playing with Mac Chew again after so long; backing up Cheong Lee this time. Chicka from Japan was guest musician that night playing some beautiful saxes. Would have loved to have her play more. Mac Chew: piano; Martin Ngim: drums; Cheong Lee: guitar/vocals; Chicka: Saxes



Valtinho was again in his elements with some very ferocious percussion and batucadas. Val: percussions/vocals; Nizam: percs; Ajacko: percs; Jenny: piano; Cheong: guitar/vocals



3 night straight, 3 different kind of repertoire and not forgetting all 3 nights were full house! Great week!

ps. I play bass btw : )

No comments: